Photoshop Scratch disc

m800afc 11:00 22 Sep 07

I am trying to edit an image in Photoshop CS2, but I get a dialogue box saying I cannot continue because the scratch disc is full. The help on the matter in CS2 is almost nonexistant. How can I resolve this?

m800afc 11:10 22 Sep 07

Oh, forgot to mention:

XP Pro, SP2, 120Gb free space on hard drive.

m800afc 11:31 22 Sep 07

I defragged the drive last Sunday as part of my Clean Up and Backup Routine. Defrag report says the drive does not need defragging. I have done this many times in the past and this is the first time I have had this problem (I think)

stylehurst 13:55 22 Sep 07

What size have you set the scratch disk in Options; also is scratch disk on same partition as Photoshop.
Are you using a lot of layers & .psd format? it is sometimes worthwhile merging the layers & saving to a format other than .psd

cycoze 14:31 22 Sep 07

You need to re-create the Photoshop general preferences file.

To do this on XP for CS2...

Make sure that Photoshop is closed then click on Start>My Computer> C Drive (assuming that is your Master Drive)> Documents and Settings/ [user profile]/ Application Data/ Adobe/Photoshop/ 9.0/ Adobe Photoshop CS2 Settings...

Re-name the preferences file by adding ".old", the name should in theory be "Adobe Photoshop CS2 Prefs" so re-name it to "Adobe Photoshop CS2 Prefs.old"

Now re-open Photoshop and hopefully things will be back to normal.

Scratch disks are a good thing to have if doing a lot of large files, i prefer to use a separate internal drive for scratch disks rather than a partition of the master drive.

m800afc 20:23 22 Sep 07

Cycoze,
Thanks very much for the advice, it worked a treat.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced