Photoshop Help Required

babybell 21:02 06 Mar 08

I am a complete novice when it comes to Adobe Photoshop and this is proven by the trouble I am having at the moment. I have a blue rectangle and the blue matches the background of my website. I have just spent an hour deciding what font and colour to use for the logo to go on top and finally i was happy with the design. I went to save the image and it would only let me save it in a photoshop format, not gif. I finally saved it using Imageready as Gif but the font is now a lighter shade of blue and not the yellow as it showed on the screen. I have just tried again and before i added the text i went to see if I could save it as a .gif and I could but now when i add text it dissapears. Persumably behind my blue background. Please could some give me a brief guide as to add the yellow text on the blue background and save it as a .gif before i pull my hair out! Cheers!

Fellsider 22:10 06 Mar 08

To ensure that the text is on top of the background you need to make sure that the text layer is 'above' the background layer on the layers pallette.

You say that you can't save as a 'gif'. what choices does it give you?

also what version of Photoshop are you using?

eedcam 22:21 06 Mar 08

Change over to image ready and under preferebces select gif then when you choose save as gif should be available

MAJ 22:27 06 Mar 08

Did you flatten the layers, although it usually asks you to do that when saving as a gif?

BT 07:47 07 Mar 08

Ther are some good video tutorials here
click here
they are mostly based on the excellent discs that come with the magazine.

hssutton 08:32 07 Mar 08

Are you working in 16 bit instead of 8 bit. Go to "Image">>"Mode" and ensure that 8 bits is selected.

As already mentioned flatten layer before saving. For the web I always use the colour space sRGB, as other colour spaces usually appear a little flat.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now