Photoshop freezing when trying to use type tool

joelmb 01:32 11 Oct 05

Hi. I hope someone can help here. I've got a brand new pc running xp pro, and having installed photoshop CS on, it now freezes when I try to use type tool. Basically I can type in the font already selected, but I go to change the font, and as soon as i click with the type tool onto the canvas it freezes and I have to quit as it's stopped responding. Image ready doing the same.

I've searched on forums etc, and a common cure is to delete the photoshop preference files and folder so it recreated them, and ctrl-alt-shift on start to recreate the preference file, and tried deleting the font list. I've tried all of these but no joy its still doing it. I've tried reinstalling photoshop twice, still no joy.

I also read it might be a corrupt font but not sure how to check this? But this does seem possible as its changing font that causes it.

Pleeeeeease, does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

€dstowe 06:19 11 Oct 05

Does this happen with just one font or all of them?

hssutton 09:23 11 Oct 05

This could be due to a corrupt font. if you go to Adobes photoshop forum you should be able to solve your problem click here
You will need to register to access the forum. Locate the photoshop forum and scroll through to page 22.

One other point what resolution is your image set at, as upwards of 300 PPI can cause problems depending on your PC

joelmb 11:42 11 Oct 05

Well it happens whatever font i change to, as soon as a click on the canvas with the type tool. i'll take a look at that forum...

joelmb 17:44 11 Oct 05

....so reinstalled photoshop 7 and it's fine. Oh well, will stick with that for now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5