Photoshop Elemts 2 Sytem requirements?

Simsy 19:44 22 Jan 05

Hi folks,

I've recently bought, on eBay, and just recieved, Photoshop Elements 2. It's the full retail gubbins, still sealed in celophane etc...

I notice on the side of the box it lists under system requirements;

Windows Millemium Edition, Windows 2000, or Windows XP

I note that it doesn't say Win 98se...

Now this is for my son, (who uses it at college), who has win 98se (running very nicely), on his home PC. Before we open the packet, can anyone confirm that they are using/have used this happily on Win 98se?

I suspect it will run OK, but would like an answer before I open it, be cause if the answer is a definate NO, I will sell it still sealed!

thanks in anticipation,

Regards,

simsy

Diodorus Siculus 19:52 22 Jan 05

System Requirements : Pentium II 300MHz, Windows 98, Me, 2000 or XP, 128MB of RAM, 150MB of hard disk space, SVGA, CD-ROM

Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 review
click here

Adobe don't seem to be mentioning PE2 now since PE3 came out.

Diodorus Siculus 19:52 22 Jan 05

PS I would try to find out from other sources first... the above may not be 100% accurate but I do believe that I have seen it on Win98 machines.

Simsy 20:26 22 Jan 05

Since posting the above I've broken for dinner... and in the meantime my son has found a trial version on one of my old coverdiscs...

He has installed that, and it seems to run OK, but interestingly, on completion of the install you can read the "read me" file, and this states WIn98 as a min requirement, so I think we'll be OK.

The package I've bought comes with Photoshop Album 2 as well... I supose it's possible that that needs the higher OS, (but I'd have thought it unlikely!).

I'll leave this unticked for a few days while we run the trial, just to see if any other observations are forthcoming.

Thanks,

Regards,

Simsy

Simsy 18:55 24 Jan 05

I think I can safely install...

The review does indicate 98, and the trial seems to be working fine.

Thanks,

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…