Is photoshop elements usually slow

depressed 13:30 17 Jul 09

I have just bought photoshop elements 7 and find it quite slow. Is this the norm oram I too impatient? I would like also to know where to go for the best tuition for photoshop elements.

I thank anyone in anticipation of your response

Regards

T I M B O 13:34 17 Jul 09

Photoshop elements normally works fast. Tell us more about your pc please

Ram
CPU Ghz?
And what version of windows are you using?

depressed 13:45 17 Jul 09

Thank you for your response

I am using windows XP 2002 sercvice pack 3
intel pen 4

isca2 16:11 17 Jul 09

How much Ram ?

depressed 17:03 17 Jul 09

where would I find ram information? Thank you.

depressed 17:04 17 Jul 09

I have just defragmented my PC

isca2 20:44 17 Jul 09

Ram..Go to Control Panel, click on system then General Tab..Ram is shown under "Computer". Did the defrag have any effect ?

ened 07:34 21 Jul 09

I don't know how much memory you have.

The History feature is not only useful but absolutely essential.

But you need to know, however, if you are working on large (Many Mbs) pictures and your resources are low it will slow down because it will be completely redrawing the picture for every change you make.

So if you are working on a 25meg pic, everytime you change even one pixel that is another 25meg being used up by the memory/swap file.

You can adjust this setting in 'Preferences' but really I find it useful to have it as large as possible.

depressed 08:45 21 Jul 09

Thanks I still have about 41% of unused memory, but your comments were very useful.. Many thanks

wee eddie 15:00 21 Jul 09

My Computer > Right Click > Properties > Left Click > General ~ Bottom Right, there should be mention of the amount of RAM.

How many MB do you have? This could be the critical factor.

isca2 16:46 21 Jul 09

Getting confused now...History feature ? 25Mb picture..seems very large. The majority of my pics are far less than that even at High Res ! Unused memory 41% ? Does this mean hard disk space ? The Ram question has still not been addressed although both myself and wee eddie have asked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…