Photoshop Elements - undecipherable 'help'

qcm 11:54 06 Mar 03

All help buttons in Photoshop Elements produce an html file in Wordpad, which is unreadable. Tranferring file to Word as .html gives readable result, but this is a rather inconvenient way of working. Incidentally, I have the same problem with 'help' for my Epson scanner; all other devices/progs 'help' are OK.
Any advice please?
QCM

lixdexik 20:39 06 Mar 03

to read the help files/manual. If you have the original cd there is a copy of acrobat 5 on that.

Cheers Lixdexik

anchor 08:55 07 Mar 03

Adobe Acrobat Reader can also be downloaded from here:

click here

Pesala 18:52 07 Mar 03

Perhaps the problem would be solved if you changed the default application for HTML files to Internet Explorer or Opera (if that is your default browser).

Right click on any HTML file in Windows Explorer and choose Open with, then select your browser as the application to use.

WIGGINS 22:12 10 Mar 03

Since re-installing Photoshop Elements after HD failure I cannot transfer my pic's (Bitmap Format) copied from Flight Simulator 2002 into the program.It was Ok before! Bitmap file format no longer appears in the file types list in the format drop down box.The pic's copy to MS Paint OK
but will not transfer from there to PE. Any help please.

Pesala 10:32 11 Mar 03

Wiggins?

I suggest starting a new thread, it is more likely to get noticed, and you will also be informed if there are any replies to it. Here you won't be notified even if someone does find your question.

I don't have Photoshop Elements. All I can suggest is that you didn't install the bitmap import filters when you reinstalled it, but that is unlikely as bitmap filters are likely to be installed by default.

€dstow 10:51 11 Mar 03

On the PE disk there is a User Guide which is far better than the help files.

On the disk after agreeing the licenses and such, go to "Explore" then "User Guide". It is in pdf format and requires Acrobat Reader to be installed.

€d

lixdexik 16:17 11 Mar 03

When you install elements you have to select the types of files you want the prog to be able to open... did you select bitmap as one of your file options?.
Cheers Lixdexik.

qcm 09:51 02 Apr 03

All sorted! Thanks for help. Not acrobat reader missing; Pesala correct-method did not work, but achieved same by using:
control panel>folder options>click file types>scroll to HTM (then HTML): opens with ...>change to Internet Explorer>ok. And all help works straight away.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…