Photoshop elements slideshow - picture degredation

JeffDH 20:05 27 May 07

I am trying to create a slideshow in photoshop elements 3, which came with my scanner. The pictures scaned fine and show clear and crisp on the original scan files.
When importing into elements slideshow feature, the picture quality is reduced and very pixelated, especially around fine edges.
I have already created one slideshow from scanned photos, and there was no problem.

Has anyone had this happen to them?

Any help would be much appreciated

Jeff

mocha 18:44 29 May 07

What size are the files of the scanned images before importing into PS Elements? Element's in most cases will have to reduce or enlarge the files in order for it to create the slide show either for TV viewing or Viewing on a PC's monitor.

What type of file are you using to import into Elements .jpg .bmp .tif ??

mocha 19:34 29 May 07

Did you manipulate the photo's before importing into Elements? What DPI did you use on the scanner to scan your photo's.

JeffDH 20:09 29 May 07

The pictures are scanned from professional wedding prints, and home shots. All are 300 dpi. file sizes vary to print and size. the range is from 65kb to 300kb. Some are adjusted in elements for light and shadow.

The slideshow I created before was fine, but I tried with those photos and had the same problem?

Thanks

mocha 20:57 29 May 07

65kb equals 170 x 128 pxls this is way to low even for a television screen. If you have adjusted at this size in .jpg, degradation and artifacts will cause even worse problems.

You should be looking at about medium digital camera picture size of about 5mb, then adjust pictures in Elements, you can then reduce size to about monitor screen size. 1024 x 768 which is roughly 2mb. in size.

Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced