Photoshop Elements Printing

donki 21:24 14 Sep 08

Hi need some help, when editing some pictures on Elements I have got soem great results but when I try to print it says I cannot print to a non postscript printer :(, is this a hardware problem (ie i need a better printer) or do I need to download some software?? I have tried googling but came up with very little. My printer is IP4300 Canon.

Thanks in advance.

eedcam 22:29 14 Sep 08

If you get no response I would ask on elements own user forum
click here@

woodchip 23:08 14 Sep 08

postscript printer very rare you will get one of these today. Its the Software that is the Problem.

Remove the Program from Control Panel\Add Remove Programs then do a search for the program and delete the left overs. Reboot the Computer and Reload the Program

donki 12:04 15 Sep 08

Thanks guys I have tried all this, any one have any further help, this is doing my head in. thanks

I am Spartacus 12:31 15 Sep 08

I haven't got Elements but is there an option within the program to change the printer preferences.

Have you checked out Canon Support to see if they have any updated drivers?

David4637 13:04 15 Sep 08

Can you print from other programs (eg Word) to your canon printer? I have Photoshop similar to Elements, you have to select the printer you want it to print too, if it has been set to postscript printer it requires a menu change - ie Page setup then change the printer to the one you require. David

donki 13:45 15 Sep 08

I think I should have said I can print the picture but it doesnt print with some of the effects i.e. contrast, gradients, shadows etc. Sorry for the lack of info in first post, I was very P*SSED of at the time. Hope that clears it up.

hssutton 15:19 15 Sep 08

Are you using "layers" to edit your photos? if so are you "flattening" the image prior to printing?

donki 15:21 15 Sep 08

Hmmmmmm I am using the layers, how do I flatten them and what file should I save the image as before I print?

hssutton 17:22 15 Sep 08

Well I don't use "Elements" but I guess you should have a drop down menu in the lY

hssutton 17:35 15 Sep 08

Sorry about that, accidentally caught the Enter button.

I don't use "Elements" but I guess you should have a drop down menu in the layers palette, or go to the toolbar "Layers" and in the drop down box select "Flatten Image"

As to what file association you use that would depend on what you want in the future, If you want to keep the layers so that you can work on them again at a later date, then save either PSD or Tiff, but this will increase the file size considerably.

If you are sure that you will not want to edit the layers any further, but want an high quality photo then save as tiff, otherwise save as Jpeg, probably the best for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…