Photoshop elements or Photosuite 5 ?

Bmay 23:41 08 Dec 03

Currently I am using Photoshop4 and Photosuite3 for editing and printing photographs. I would like to upgrade but am finding it hard to decide and I cannot justify buying both. Any advice to help in the decision would be welcome

Diodorus Siculus 08:46 09 Dec 03

I like Photoshop Elements 2 a lot - have not used Photosuite.

Trackrat 08:51 09 Dec 03

I use PE 2 and it is a fantastic programme

alcudia 08:56 09 Dec 03

It's no contest. Paint Shop Pro leaves them both standing, by a long way.

Elements lacks far too many features that PSP takes for granted. Photosuite has too many gimmicks. It's only my opinion, but having tried them out of curiosity, I wouldn't let either near my system again.

hssutton 09:46 09 Dec 03

There is no competition Elements wins hands down. This would also help if you ever decide to move to the ultimate in image editing, Photoshop.

tenplus1 09:50 09 Dec 03

Personally I use Ulead's PhotoImpact 5 and version 8 XE is even better with so many features plus it's easy to use...

961 13:45 09 Dec 03

I have Photosuite 4 (Platinum) and Photoshop Elements 2

If I want to edit photos quickly, just crop and perhaps use an automatic brighten or sharpen, I use Photosuite. It's easy and quick and produces good results. It is also terrific for sending photos by e-mail as you can set a size for the file and it works well.

If you really want to get down into the bones of a photo and spend time on getting it perfect, removing this that and the other, adding clouds, correcting colours, whatever, then Photoshop elements is the one. But be warned, you need time to learn how to use it really effectively. If you are prepared to do that, then this is the one to buy. You may also need "Photoshop Elements 2 Solutions" by Mikkei Aaland to really show you how to do it. (Often available up to 50% off via Amazon, Computer Manuals, etc on the web)

Photosuite 4 (Platinum) comes around £15 or so as OEM. The new Photosuite comes in a new bundle which did not appeal to me much and is pricey. Photoshop Elements 2 is sometimes on offer at around £45 from PC World etc at sale times and at that money is a cracking buy

Unless you are really after really complicated work I would try Photosuite 4 at OEM price first. It may be all you need

Icky 15:30 09 Dec 03

I have Photoshop Elements 2 and Ulead PhotoImpact 8. I much prefer PhotoImpact 8.

alcudia 15:47 09 Dec 03

Icky is right PhotoImpact is superior to Elements, but has a very crowded interface.

I can only repeat my advice given earlier. Don't waste you time or money. Get Paint Shop Pro. You won't regret it. It may cost a bit more , but you have to pay for quality.

Elements is ideal for first timers, but serious users will soon outgrow it.

By the way what's wrong with Photoshop4? I know it's a bit old now, but is still very powerful. The two programs you are discussing do not come up to it surely.

If you are interested I use Photoshop7, Paint Shop Pro8, PhotoImpact8, Photopaint10 and Satori.
I would not entertain Elements or Photosuite.

Bmay 17:15 09 Dec 03

Thanks for advice so far....didn't realise Photoshop4 could be considered better than the two I am considering .......will now check out Paint Shop Pro

Blitzer 17:52 09 Dec 03

Another vote for Photoshop Elements 2 here, admittedly I've not used the other software mentioned in this thread but I have found PE2 pretty easy to get into and the results are very good. I got it on offer from PCWorld a few months back for £50 - which it's well worth IMO.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…