Photoshop Elements install problem

Baz48 21:31 02 Apr 04

Trying to install Photoshop Elements (free with printer) to Win98SE.

Stops whilst installing Photoshopelements.exe with message: "caused invalid page fault in module ZDATAI51.DLL". I have searched for this file on my drive but it is not there. Is this the problem?

The program will install on another computer with Windows 98SE, so the disk is OK.

woodchip 21:40 02 Apr 04

Try this, first see if it's created a folder in Explorer Have a look in Program file also, and delete the folder clear temp files. Now create a new folder in Explorer and copy the CD contents to the folder, after you have done that start in safe mode by keep pressing F8 when you start computer to get the Safe mode options when you get into safe mode go back to the folder you put the cd contents and look for a setup file and run it. The reason for the above is CD will not work in safe mode

Baz48 23:27 02 Apr 04

Thanks, tried your sugestions i.e. deleted Adobe folder and all temp files, ran setup in safe mode but it fails to start the Installshield wizard. It stops at 99%.

My son has found an article on the web regarding ZDATAI51.dll which reports that this is a fault of an incompatible CDRom.

Unless you have any further suggestions I will swap out the CDRom drive tomorrow and try again. Thanks once again.

britto 00:19 03 Apr 04

do you have a dvd drive on the comp if so try to load from there

Baz48 13:51 03 Apr 04

No I don't.

I've given up and installed Photo Deluxe instead.

Thanks all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…