Photoshop Elements and Canon Scanner

MIke 07:39 04 Oct 03

I have a problem, which I can't find the answer to on either Canon or Adobe web sites. I'm using Elements 1, and a Casnon FB320p flatbed scanner. If I try to acquire an image directly into Elements I get an error generated by Canocraft CSP.....unable to load required dll. Clicking on OK generates error from Twain32...Could not open TWAIN source Make sure there is a valid source for your scanner in the TWAIN directory found in windows directory.

The scanner works fine when using just the Canon Scanner software, and with other programs that use the TWAIN interface, such as Textbridge, Microsoft Picture it,Serif Drawplus.

I've updated to latest Canon Scanner driver, and tried re-installing, the scanner and it's driver.

I'm using XP Home

It's not a major problem, but it's bugging me!
As is the unhelpful error stating that a dll can't be loaded but saying which one!!

Anyone had this or similar problem??

MIke 07:41 04 Oct 03

Should havbe said As is the unhelpful error stating that a dll can't be loaded but NOT saying which one!!

AndySD 07:47 04 Oct 03

Your Operating System?

AndySD 08:26 04 Oct 03

Have you tried reinstalling Photoshop Elements?

MIke 09:30 04 Oct 03

Sorry forgot to add I've re-installed Elements too.

MIke 00:30 02 Nov 03

Well I've solved my own problen here, by performing a clean re-install of Windows XP. Previously I had been lazy and used the upgrade route from windows 98.

For anyone thinking of doing the same thing I can honestly say the clean install is pretty straightforward, I found it easier than putting windows 98 on from scratch, with less input required from me. I'm also hopeful that it cures my other annoying problem of Word asking for the set up disc every now and again. I believe I read somewhere that this could be cured by re-installing XP and ensuring Word was the first program loaded onto the OS.Time will tell!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…