Is Photoshop Elements bundled with a scanner?

Simsy 08:43 27 Dec 04

Hi folks...

I'm trying to kill 2 birds with one stone.

I want to Photshop Elements, (version 2) for my son, for use on his college arts course. I also may be after a scanner.

I know eBay is a possible avenue, but does anyone know if Photoshop Elements 2 comes bundled with a cheap scanner? The scanner does not have to be especially good quality, but doe snoed tobe cheap, ( £50)

Thanks in anticipation,

regards,

Simsy

flobby 08:52 27 Dec 04

Hi Simsy,
Try click here and search for item 430306, Visioneer 6600 Scanner With 3 One Touch Buttons,USB Cable & Software While Stocks Last Price £24.96
UK Postage & Packaging £5.95
Hope this helps, I do not know what softare is bundled with it as I have only just ordered it 2 minutes ago for myself.
Cheers, Flobby

Roadgiant 09:09 27 Dec 04

The Visioneer does not appear to come bundled with Elements, it looks like the bundle is,Ulead PhotoExpress 3 and ScanSoft PaperPort Deluxe with built-in TextBridge Pro OCR.Check out the link at:-

click here

jack 09:31 27 Dec 04

This could be a longish search

Different Scanners different S/ware bundles even simliar models from the same maker.
Get the scanner of choice then look for the Software.
But why stick the PSE1?
There are many equivilants - differing desktops maybe but larely the same functions
Photosuite/Paintshop/Ulead/ to name but a few

ardvarc 10:26 27 Dec 04

I bought a Canon Lide 50 and it came with Photoshop Elements 2.0 along with Arcsoft and Scansoft software. Will have to check orders to see where I bought it.

Salinger 10:37 27 Dec 04

I think, may be wrong though, that you can get PS Elements with a download of Adobe Reader 7.

Bandy 10:42 27 Dec 04

Got my copy with a Canon LDE50 scanner from Novatech

ardvarc 10:47 27 Dec 04

I bought mine at Ebuyer but can't find it on site. Found this review below on Google

click here

Simsy 22:23 27 Dec 04

sorry for delay in replying.

jack, the reason I'm looking for this specific software is because it's what my son uses at college. I want him to have the same at home, rather than something different but similar.

I'll look into all suggestions,

Thanks,

Regards,

Simsy

Belatucadrus 22:47 27 Dec 04

click here may be of interest if the scanner idea doesn't work out. Or click here

Lasse 05:12 28 Dec 04

Photoshop elemente is mormally bundled with Epson scanners. Elemente is a quality programme bundled with quality scanners. saying that epson scanners are not so expensive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…