Photoshop Elements 5 Task Mgr shows 2 entries

six-h 22:35 04 Aug 09

On my XP Lappy, opening PSE 5 starts an entry under "Processes in task Mgr about 30/40000MB as one would expect.
Lower down the processes list another entry is running with the same name, using aprox 720MB.
Closing the programme, the larger usage disappears, but the 720MB one reduces to 680MB, and continues running!
Is this normal?

eedcam 05:44 05 Aug 09

Shows 2 with me as well one usin 732k the other 50 M/b the smaller is its running in start up

six-h 12:45 05 Aug 09

eedcam; thanks for confirming that it seems to be a normal thing.
I've had so many probs with this software and can't find decent tech help anywhere!
I'd just love for instance to have the "Help" files work!
I've located the folder "Adobe Help Centre (0)" but don't know where to paste it to make it work!

Technotiger 12:55 05 Aug 09
  six-h 13:11 05 Aug 09

Technotiger; That's interesting, but from the info they give, it only supports upto XP, and thatseems to be OK on my lappy (apart from duplicate instances running posted above)
The help files are not working on my Vista installation!

Technotiger 13:26 05 Aug 09

If you Google the problem re Vista, you will find that you are not alone!! Adobe Help does not appear to be Vista compatible.

six-h 13:55 05 Aug 09

Technotiger; that's where the infamous "Patch 502" comes in.
Basically, it just destroys what used to be a passable installation that just had no help files...after, you just have an installation that won't load! lol

eedcam 18:50 05 Aug 09

Six-h have you tried elements own forum
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…