Photoshop Elements 4 problem

wester john 20:21 08 Apr 06

I have installed Photoshop Elements 4 and have used the editing and quick fix sections for some time. But when I try to use Create or Photobrowser I get a memory error message saying 'out of memory'. Anyone know why this is? I use an AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3000+ with XP+SP2 and 512mb memory.

golfpro 07:53 09 Apr 06

sorry I can't answer your question, but you you could try posting the same question on here
click here you don't have to be a member to post a question, and the guys on this site a very good on anything photographic.
If not try Photoshop support.

wester john 18:35 09 Apr 06

Thanks. I'm trying Photo.net. I find Photoshop support is not very helpful - perhaps OK if you live in the USA!

eedcam 18:44 09 Apr 06

How much have you allocated in your preferences

Hertz Van Rentyl 18:49 09 Apr 06

Never used your software but in preferences/options or whatever is there a scratchdisc setting somewhere that may need modifying.

jakimo 20:50 09 Apr 06

deleting your elements 4 preference file will solve the majority of problems that might develope

wester john 17:34 11 Apr 06

How do I delete the preferences file?
I have had a look at preferences and for memory it was set at 69% which was over 300mb.
I previously used PS elements 2 and had no such problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…