Photoshop Elements 2 help file

Seadog 15:33 08 Jul 04

A friend has purchased a copy of Photoshop Elements 2 and has trouble with the help file in that usually, when the help button is clicked on, there is a reference to "cannot find Netscape or one of it's components" thus preventing access to some help files. Some hints are apparently accessible.
Does he have to be online to access the help system? My friend does not have Internet access.
Anyone any ideas or what have you?
Thanks in advance.

AndySD 15:50 08 Jul 04

No he does not need to be online but he will need a reasonably up to date version of Internet explorer of netscape navigator to view the help files.

AndySD 15:51 08 Jul 04

Forgot to add....you could look on some pc coverdisks for recent Internet Explorer updates.

Seadog 17:10 08 Jul 04

Pardon my ignorance but if it is asking for netscape, how will an up to date version of IE help?
Any idea how I can get an up to date version - are there any download sites I can get a new version from and copy it to cd-rom for him?

AndySD 08:47 09 Jul 04

The Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 application includes complete documentation in an accessible HTML-based help system. The accessible HTML format allows for easy navigation and reading using Web browsers. To produce a handy desktop reference, you can print the HTML file or an included PDF copy.

Online Help requires Netscape Communicator 4.x or Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 or 5.x.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…