Photoshop CS - Too good to be true?

slightlymad 16:09 06 Jul 04

A tantalising offer from click here, but surely this can't be legal?

Opinions, please...

Totally-braindead 16:20 06 Jul 04

I think its technically illegal, reason I think so is OEM software does as they say come in plain packaging without any manuals etc BUT (as far as I am led to believe) its meant to be supplied with new hardware which this company is obviously not doing. They make no mention of this, however thats not to say that you can't buy it though. The reason I say technically is I've noticed a lot of other places selling OEM software so its probably unenforcable to a certain degree. I mean how do you ensure that a company sell hardware with their OEM software?

leo49 16:20 06 Jul 04

click here

click here

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck..........

fitshase 17:47 06 Jul 04

If you look closly at the website it has some pointers which give it away as a dodgy site.

(1) The spelling and grammer is bad

(2) There are no phone numbers or addresses for contacting the "company".

(3) The "Moneyback guaranty" is suspect - "If for any reason you are not satisfied with your product in the first 60 days after purchase, simply contact our customer service team and we'll make it right...." (the "make it right" part sounds extremely dodgy!).

(4) There is a Testimonials section which is suspect because they will have probably made them up themselves.

In addition to the above, the website is registerd in China:-

Owner = Alex Lee
Owner Address =
Room 972, 13 Bai Zi Ting, 210000, Nanjing, China
Owner E-mail = [email protected]
Phone = +86 2511025262
Fax = +86 2511025262

I would say that it is pirated software given it is originating from the Far East.

Stay well clear.

slightlymad 17:58 06 Jul 04

Thanks, T-B and Leo - interesting info. Fitshase - your well-reasoned deductions now seem blindingly obvious - well clear I shall stay.

Unplugged 21:28 06 Jul 04

Dear slightlymad

If you want to get cheaper software you could always enrol on a part time course with a recognised college such as click here and then apply for a student discount with a legitimate vendor such as click here

Don't expect to get Photoshop for £40 but you can still save a fair bit, especially on Microsoft products.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…