photoshop 7 won't load after dodgy pdf file ....

motherlode 08:55 10 Dec 10

I'm pulling my hair out! I have the regular task of creating a concert programme (in Quark)and had an ad sent me via email in pdf format. When I inserted it on the quark document my pdf distiller wouldn't work, and when I removed it the distiller worked fine. However since that episode my Photoshop 7 programme loads but then just disappears. I've tried removing it and re-installing it, but my guess is that it's linked to the adobe distiller function and has somehow got messed up in the process described above. Does anyone have any ideas.....?

eedcam 09:38 10 Dec 10

Tried system restore to before the event

motherlode 11:00 10 Dec 10

no changes detected in my system unfortunately...

eedcam 15:22 10 Dec 10

Can you not just choose a date before it was messed up

motherlode 18:29 10 Dec 10

Yep - did that, a full day before and it says it cannot commit to a restoration as no changes were detected in my system. Any other ideas?? I'm sure it's something to do with the adobe suite as I wasn't even using photoshop - just adobe acrobat and quark.

eedcam 22:17 10 Dec 10

Oh what you got windows 7 or something otherwise there should be restore points to choose from you cant choose anything other than that perhaps 7 is different?

motherlode 08:57 11 Dec 10

no I was able to choose a starting point ( a full day before) - but no joy - answer as previously.

eedcam 09:59 11 Dec 10

Its the cannot commit to restoration I dont understand if there is a restore point it should goback to it .Apart from that you could try adobe users own forum
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…