Photoshop 7: unable to move the Browse Window?

pj123 20:06 01 Sep 04

A friend has Photoshop 7, but all of a sudden (he says) when he goes to File, Browse the window opens up on the extreme right hand side of the screen. He wants it back where it was (on the left hand side) but there doesn't seem to be anyway to do that. He has uninstalled and reinstalled, hoping that might set it back up as it was, but it didn't. Can any Photoshop experts out there help please? Unlike other programmes there does not seem to be a Title Bar that can be clicked on and moved. I don't have Photoshop so I can't help him.

TOPCAT® 21:15 01 Sep 04

taken from the forum at the first link below. Suggest you fully read it first though. TC.

"Fire up Photoshop and hold CTRL + ALT + SHIFT while it's loading. It will ask you if you want to delete the settings folder. Click YES and voila! Photoshop is back to its old self again."

click here

Other Photoshop 7 problems found on Google search at

click here=

mosfet 21:20 01 Sep 04

As I remeber..edit..preferences..general..untick save palets..ok. then file.. browser & should be able to drag browser.

hssutton 23:03 01 Sep 04

The correct "docked" position is on the Right Hand side not the left. It can be altered to a floating window by clicking on the "File Browser" tab and dragging it from the docked position. Opening from "File" - "Browse" will then open the browser in the position to which it was dragged.

pj123 12:38 03 Sep 04

Thanks, Guys. This one now sorted using the solution from hssutton.

Ticked.

holly polly 15:56 03 Sep 04

for my info thanks chaps-Hol Pol....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…