Photoshop 7 -Scanning

Dirty Dick 14:26 23 May 06

I am trying to copy a map of an area in Spain, but the part I want is over FOUR pages. I can scan each page individually, but how can I put them all into one document? Every time I try to paste into Photoshop the scale goes all to pot

Thanks

DD

hssutton 14:43 23 May 06

Create your four images making sure that the resolution is the same. keep all four images on your desktop. Now open a new blank document again making sure that the resolution and bit size is the same as the images i.e 8 bits.

You should now be able to drag the four images onto the new blank doc. As you drag an image a new layer will be created automatically. By selecting an appropriate layer you will be able to position each image correctly

Dirty Dick 15:09 23 May 06

I've just tried your suggestion but no success. When I open a new blank document all is well, but when i drag the map across from the desktop, it only opens another new doc, and I end up with four new docs,(the maps), plus a new blank doc.

hssutton 16:07 23 May 06

It does work. are you using the move tool? top righthand icon on the tool box. then left click and drag?. It's very important that the reolution/size of each image and also the target doc are all the same.

You may find this easier to follow click here

Dirty Dick 16:58 23 May 06

sorry, but I've tried it again and can't get it to work. Don't even get to use the "move" tool, as all the images all open as new docs. They are all set to the same resolution, also the same as the target image.

stylehurst 17:12 23 May 06

A variation on the method proposed by hs sutton which I find works is as follows
1 Create each individual image each of the same size as described by hs sutton, name the images 1-4 & save each one.
2 Open image 1 & select the whole image, copy this to the clipboard.
3 Open a new blank canvas 4 times the size of your individual images.
4 Paste image 1 (held on the clipboard to your new canvas; use the move tool to position it correctly (pasting in an item from the clipboard usualy results in the pasted image being centrally located on the canvas.
5 Remember that the pasted image is a layer.
6 Repeat steps 2 & 4 for each of the remaining images.
7 Flatten the resultant image & save, you should now have the map you are after.

hssutton 17:15 23 May 06

You shoud have all 4 images on your PS desktop + your new Document. only one of the 5 is "live" at any one time.

With your first image "Live" and the move tool selected. Left click, hold and drag over the new document, now release the left button of your mouse, you can now drag the image into the exact position by again left click drag

This method works for all version of PS from 5 up to 9

Dirty Dick 12:21 24 May 06

hssutton
Sorry, in your post you said to drag them to the "Desktop", which I thought was the PC Desktop. In your later post you said the "PS Desktop". After many hours of fiddling about, I have now nearly got there.

hssutton 13:47 24 May 06

I realised that may have confused you, that's why I made the 3rd posting. Sorry about that. If you don't manage to do what you want you can email the 4 scanned images to me and I will do it for you.

Obviously you will need my email address, if so click on the yellow envelope and send me mail. then I will respond

Dirty Dick 20:42 24 May 06

Thanks for the offer, but I'm going to persivere. I have a couple of days of soon, so shall be trying to perfect it

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…