PHOTOSHOP 7 CRASHING

Tanky078 21:15 24 Feb 05

I have just experienced my PC crashing whilst using photoshop 7. Have had no problems since I had it. It just locked up and on re start it got as far as alomost loading then disappeared from the screen. After three attempts to uninstall and then reinstall the problem will not go away. I rely on thie programme for my work. Can any one help Please.

Diodorus Siculus 08:13 25 Feb 05

Do you get any error messages?

If win xp or 98 try the system file checker in case it is a windows problem:

start

run

sfc

and click start.

curlylad 10:45 25 Feb 05

I agree with Diodorus Siculus , if you have this program on cd-rom , I would uninstall it , run the sfc then reinstall the program.

curlylad 10:47 25 Feb 05

Just as an after thought , see if there is an update for the program from the web site , this may solve it !

curlylad 13:20 25 Feb 05

I dont mind you emailing me direct to help with your problem , however it is best to post via your thread then others can see the problem fix as it develops , this in turn helps others with similar problems.

This page click here shows updates for all adobe products including for your program. However I would first go to the support page click here and browse the issues here.If you are still not satisfied then click on the support button on the menu bar and email them about your problem .

Diodorus Siculus 14:18 25 Feb 05

[quote]Thanks for that. I uninstalled Photoshop and ran sfc. The screen flickered and nothing else. I re-installed photoshop and got the following message. " You currently have Adobe Photoshop primary scratch and windows primary page on the same volume,which can result in reduced performance. It is recommended that you set Adobe Photoshop primary scratch volume to be on a different volume. Preferrably on a different drive." Unfortunately the programme disappears and will not run. Should there be any visible information when running sfc[/quote]

Ticked. Does that mean it is fixed?

Camyaj 18:37 25 Feb 05

Hi I used to get the primary scratch message come up ( but no problems) at that time I still had Photoshop6 installed as well as 7.Got rid of 6 and message no longer appears.What you could try is to hold ALT+CNTL+SHIFT as you fire up the programme select delete settings when it appears and you might find this clears any memory clutter,I used to have to do this with 6 when it got slow and hanging

Camyaj 18:40 25 Feb 05

Sorry I meant ALT+SHIFT+CNTL

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…