Photoshop 6 / Win XP print problem

csqwared 15:13 PM 30 Oct 12

I have two home built PC's, both running XP Pro, both having Photoshop 6 (vers 6.0.1) installed, both fully current on updates,both connected by ethernet to HP Photosmart C410 multifunction printer. On first PC, when I try to print direct from a Photoshop image there is no problem, on second machine I get an error message "Could not complete Print command because the selected printer driver could not be found. Please select a printer from the control panel and try again." The HP printer is set as the default printer in the printer settings and I have no problem printing to it from MS Office and other software progs.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled Photoshop a couple of times with no success. Anyone any ideas?

csqwared 21:01 PM 30 Oct 12

Hi Marg7 thanks.

No. Since the machine with the problem prints quite happily from other software packages (MS Office, PrintMaster, Greeting Card Factory) I can't see that there's a driver issue.

csqwared 20:29 PM 09 Nov 12

Just to complete this post. After much unsuccessful messing about with drivers and a complete re-install of HP software I've discovered it's the Comodo firewall that's been the problem. Now sorted, just needed to be told to allow it although not very apparent on the screen.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…