photoshop

hackerballs 14:06 24 Mar 05

I have "photoshop 5 limited edition" which came with a digital camera a couple of years ago. is photoshop elements 3 significantly more useful?
Thanks Derrick

woodchip 14:22 24 Mar 05

I would think you have the best at the moment, but harder to use than elements

john-232317 14:54 24 Mar 05

Free trial of elements here click here

hssutton 15:02 24 Mar 05

I've never used V5 but have used V6,7 and now CS. Adobe have made tremendous progress in the field of photo editing, if this is what you use PS 5 for then you will almost certainly see a major difference by using Elements 3.

Just a few of the benefits
Browser & organiser, Healing brush (fabulous tool) Raw support, 16 bit processing, and many more improvements, not sure if elements has the Shadow/Highlight tool, but if so it's worth upgrading just for this one item.

If you don't have a copy, you can download the trial version from Adobe

David4637 16:59 24 Mar 05

I use this version 5. It provides all you want to get well into digital editing. You just get bells & wistles on anything later. What you want is a lot of time to get into it. Get books from the library and the digital photo mag is excellant and provides video/audio tutorials. David

LAP 18:19 24 Mar 05

I started with Adobe Elements (basic) which came free with a scanner which I used for several years not wanting to venture further... I then loaned a copy of PhotoShop 5 this just made my head spin.. I have read up on Elements 3.. got a copy from Amazon.. Have not regretted it + I now subscribe to 'Digital Photo' mag which comes with a cd rom this includes tutorials on Elements 2/3 + PhotoShop 6,7 & CS. They are simple to follow and down to earth. My Photos have never looked better.

LAP 15:56 25 Mar 05

Did you go for it or find something better?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now