photos still on pc?

moby58 21:11 28 Mar 07

ive purchased a new lap top [windows vista installed].i transferred a load of photos by memory stick onto it,then burned them on to a cd..then deleted them.i was surprised to find them all by accident whilst searching for something.all the photos were still there..though id deleted them,and hadnt saved them.id only put them on to a cd.how did that happen?id emptied recycle bin etc,and thought theyd been removed!what should i do in future to completely erase something like a photo?i only found them again by accident!thanks

Tempest1 21:19 28 Mar 07

"Tips, tricks, and how-to's
Instantly restore digital photos

Made a mistake editing your digital photos? Don't worry, Windows Vista Ultimate Edition has kept a copy. Every snap you import is automatically backed up, so if anything untoward happens you can quickly reset it to its original state, identical to when you first imported it.

1. Open Windows Photo Gallery and browse to the photo you want to restore.
2. Hold down CTRL and press R
3. Click "Revert" on the box that appears."
Just had this down from MS on an email,it mau explpain things a bit

Tempest1 21:20 28 Mar 07

"Tips, tricks, and how-to's
Instantly restore digital photos

Made a mistake editing your digital photos? Don't worry, Windows Vista Ultimate Edition has kept a copy. Every snap you import is automatically backed up, so if anything untoward happens you can quickly reset it to its original state, identical to when you first imported it.

1. Open Windows Photo Gallery and browse to the photo you want to restore.
2. Hold down CTRL and press R
3. Click "Revert" on the box that appears."
Just had this down from MS on an email,it mau explpain things a bit

Tempest1 21:20 28 Mar 07

Sorry for the double post,trigger happy.

moby58 04:21 29 Mar 07

thanks for that.[it explains their reappearance]!..but how can i completely erase them?...dont want to restore them!any other ideas anyone on how to completely erase them for good!thanks

Technotiger 08:03 29 Mar 07

This is an extract from a larger document concerning Vista Digital Pics ...

Photo Gallery is another way to view and organize your pictures and videos. It displays pictures and videos that you've stored in Pictures and in other folders on your computer. It is not a replacement for folders on your computer. As a result, you should not delete the pictures in Photo Gallery or the Pictures folder unless you actually intend to delete the pictures from your computer. If you do, they will deleted from your computer and no longer appear in either the Pictures folder or in Photo Gallery.

This is the larger doument ...

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5