photos phone to laptop

orihuela 16:00 07 Mar 10

I have a Samsung GT S3100 mobile phone and I don't know how to transfer photos onto my laptop W7.

I have purchased a data cable and the guy in the shop said to download "studio" program. I did this but still don't understand what to do.

Any help?

john bunyan 17:26 07 Mar 10

If the phone has a micro SD card to store photos the easiest way is to use the SD carrier and a USB card reader if your PC does not have a built in one. Create a folder on your PC in "My Photos" called, for example,"downloaded Photos". Then copy from the SD card to this folder . Then to view or edit them open them in a photo software application - there are free ones available.( Such as Picassa)

john bunyan 17:32 07 Mar 10

Just read spec of your phone - just ensure you set the phone to store photos on the micro Sd and proceed as above. I find this an easier way than using various phone's software as my grandchildren seem to change them , and I don't want too many phot editing applications.
I assume you have read the online manual on this Phone?

orihuela 17:36 07 Mar 10

to be honest no, haven't read the manual will do now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…