Photos to large to fit the screen???

Sparkly 07:29 13 Sep 07

Morning all i recently sent some photos as attachments to some friends of my holiday in canada all but one has been able to download the photos and view them as they should be but one has emailed me back saying when he downloaded the attachments and tryed to view them they would not fit the screen in his words they were "bloody enormous",i cant think why they should be any different to anyone else that has recieved them? The photos were about 1mb-1.5mb in size,all the other friends who recieved them said they could view them fine,the only difference is that the friend haveing this problem is on AOL,any thoughts on a way round this without reduceing the quality of them and resending,even sent them to myself on another account and they were fine???

BT 08:14 13 Sep 07

If you want to send pictures by Email and to ensure that file sizes are not too big, Open the folder with your pictures and select the ones you want to send. Hold down Ctrl to make multiple selections,then select 'Email this file' from the left hand menu. In the pop up window select 'Make all my pictures smaller'. This will put all the selected pictures into a new Email and reduce them all to a sensible size. They will be perfectly suitable for viewing and will not overwhelm your friends' Inboxes

Graham. 08:32 13 Sep 07

I remember having this problem when I was with AOL. I don't have a solution, but the fault is at your friend's end. I suggest your friend contacts AOL for help, their online FAQ's may hold a solution.

Noels 08:54 13 Sep 07

This frequently happens when the attachment is large. When you open the e-mail the picture automatically fills the screen without you doing anything to open the attachment .There are two possible answers. 1 to make sure you click on the attachment to open it then "Save Picture As" to "My Pictures" etc and then 2 resize if still too big in a photo programme.
Its easier to do than explain but hope this helps
Regards Noels

Diemmess 09:01 13 Sep 07

If you send your friend pictures as an attached jpg he should be able to control them in his picture handling application.

A work-around might be to send him a Word.doc with the pictures inserted at appropriate points in the doc. (Easily controlled if you make a simple table and insert the pictures in their own cells.)

Then there's Microsoft Publisher if you have it and want to send him a slide show.....!

Sparkly 09:16 13 Sep 07

Hi Graham,Noels,Diemmess thanks for your help on this i think the best option is to resize them and resend, Graham i will allso pass on your info about AOL to him.
Many thanks guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…