timothy44 10:13 31 Mar 03

Hi, could someone enlighten me? I usually use Paint Shop Pro to edit my photos. I have however loaded up Adobe Photoshop Elements and now whenever I click on "properties" on one of my photos it tells me that it's a "photoshop" image why is this when I've not even used it yet?

MAJ 10:27 31 Mar 03

It seems that PSE has taken your graphics file's associations. If you double click the file does it open up in PSE?

graham 10:42 31 Mar 03

Right click on a photo, 'open with', 'always open with', etc.

Andsome 10:45 31 Mar 03

When you install some of these programs they become the default program to open certain files. It is possible that you did not moitor the installation sufficiently, just clicking YES to everything. You usuall get the option to select which graphics etc the program will be the default for. I usually deselect them all, which means that I can then please myself.

timothy44 10:48 31 Mar 03

Hi, yeah it was opening in elements however i changed it to open in windows viewer as i like to open them myself in whatever i'm using. I suppose my question is this Will they always be pse files now?

€dstow 10:55 31 Mar 03

Open the File Format Associations (FFA) in PSP and re-associate the formats you want back. Look in the help files for info on finding FFA.

Foolsbane_1 10:56 31 Mar 03

I have all my image files associated with Slowview. This is partly because it is an excellent free image viewer, but mainly because it provides those neat ACDSee-style icons which identify the file-type.

click here

Of course, sometimes you don't want to open images in a viewr but in some other application. This is where OpenExpert comes in handy. It is a free shell extension which adds a user-configurable Open With section to the context menu so that you can open the file in whichever application you choose.

click here

MAJ 10:56 31 Mar 03

No, you can change the association by right-clicking on the file, while holding down the Shift key on your keyboard, choose "Open With" from the context menu which appears and choose the program you want to open them with. Tick the little box which says "Always use this program to open files of this type". That will sort it for you, timothy44. If you're using XP you wont have to hold down the Shift key while right-clicking.

Ben Avery (Work) 10:59 31 Mar 03

Open "My Documents", click on "View" and "Folder Options".

I assume your photos are JPEG files (.jpg or .jpeg) so click on "File Types" tab and find the "JPG" or "JPEG Image" (JPEG Interchangable Format) and click on it.

Then click on "Edit" and under "Actions" select "open" and" "Edit". Then click on "Browse..."

Locate your Paint Shop Pro .exe file (usually under C:Program Files\Paint Shop Pro etc. or similar and when you have found it, select it and click on "open" then "OK" then "Close"

All JPG images will now open in Paint Shop Pro.

Ben Avery (Work) 11:02 31 Mar 03

...for the easier and much edited and improved version, follow the advice given by MAJ!!!

timothy44 11:04 31 Mar 03

Andsome you're a star reinstalled using custom installation and seems to have cleared matter up cheers!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…