Photo's on DVD's

HV 12:33 25 Jul 04

Is it possible to record photographs from a digital camera onto DVD's so that others can look at them on a television via a normal DVD player and if so what format would it be in?

pj123 13:29 25 Jul 04

You need a slideshow programme like HP Memories Disc Creator (free download from HP site) click here

you can then put them on to CD. Burn it as a VCD.

If you are on dialup the HP download is about 34mb. If you want a copy of it on CD email me and I will post it out to you.

HV 21:02 25 Jul 04

Thanks for responding pj123 will attempt to download programme and give it a go.

roy 23:21 25 Jul 04

I have searched hp's site but cannot find this download. Could you post a click here please?

hssutton 23:35 25 Jul 04

If you a have a DVD burner, why make a VCD,make a DVD and get better quality, does not your DVD burner come with the necessary software?. If you want to view as Jpegs first make sure that your DVD player can handle jpegs. If you want to view as a slideshow download this free trial software click here of ProShow Gold.

pj123 10:24 26 Jul 04

The HP Memories Disc Creator can be downloaded from click here scroll down near the bottom. Don't download the "Critical Update" it only applies to HP products.

stlucia 12:29 26 Jul 04

If your burner comes with burning software, there may already be a 'make a slideshow' facility. Current versions of Roxio, Nero, and MyDVD (to my knowledge) do it.

roy 14:30 26 Jul 04

Thanks for that. I am downloading now.

TomJerry 14:47 26 Jul 04

All major burning software come with the program, for example Roxio, Nero (need Nero version experss), Sonic MyDVD (best to make dynamic menus), NTI CD/DVD maker etc

All major editing software have this function (i.e. make slideshow), Ulead Videostudio 8, Pinncle Studio 9, Sony Vegas, Sony MovieBlaste, Canapous etc etc. All produce excellent results, Ulead Videostudio and Pinncle Studio can even produce moview in different styles (sport, holiday, romatic, old movie etc) with automatically generated background music.

Most pictures album programs have this function as well, e.g. Ulead CD/DVD Picture Show etc.

The one I like, Photo2DVD click here, you can download a fully working trial version to test out.

g0nvs 17:54 26 Jul 04

Try this one, in my opinion it is the best program for what you want.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…