Photos and copying

Confused! 16:14 08 Jul 06

I have been trying to use windows picture and fax viewer to rename batches of photos and then copy them on to into my photos folder. Try as I might, I cannot select more than a few photos without the system copying them back on to the disk and calling them copy of .............How do I select more than a few photos to rename and or copy? the problem seems to happen when I hold down the control button and select each photo individually with the mouse. I thought I had read somewhere that you select the first photo and then the last one and the system will select all between the first and the last selected but it doesn't seem to work.........

Monoux 16:17 08 Jul 06

You need to hold down the Shift Key to Left mouse the first item in the list then the last . With shiuft held down it should selerct all in between

ade.h 17:01 08 Jul 06

Holding Ctrl is used for either clicking on individual files or selecting more than group of files via click-and-drag. It works fine (I use it all the time) but, to avoid creating copies, you do have to be careful how you click. What you are doing is clicking on a file and dragging it very slightly, which is intended to place a copy in the same folder. I would suggest that you look at the mouse settings in TweakUI - which you should download if you have not already got it, because no-one should be without that - and adjust the drag sensitivity.

Confused! 17:17 08 Jul 06

Where do I get Tweak UI please?

ade.h 17:23 08 Jul 06

From MS!

click here

VoG II 17:23 08 Jul 06

click here about halfway down on the right.

Also see click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…