Photos on CD How to view on TV?

porridge 10:46 08 May 04

I have a selection of photographs on CD Rom and can of course view them on my monitor. However, I would really like to be able to show them on my televison set using my cd player.

Can anyone advise how this can be done? How do I prepare the CD Rom so that the CD player can read it and transmit to the TV set?

I wold be grateful if someone can help.

Thank you in advance.

Porridge.

sicknote 10:48 08 May 04

Easier with a dvd player !!!!

johnnyrocker 10:50 08 May 04

what graphics card and has it got tv out?

johnny.

Smiler 12:28 08 May 04

Don't think anyone has come up with a cd player that will transmit to a TV! ypu'll have to use a dvd player or connect the pc to the tv from a tv out port on your video card (If it has a tv out that is)

porridge 15:07 08 May 04

Johnnyrocker, Smiler and Sicknote.
My video card is a nVidia GeForce 2 MX with 32 Mb SDram and a TV out. However, my computer is upstairs and the TV downstairs. Connecting them is hardly a practical proposition. By the looks of it I will just have to be content with viewing on my PC's monitor. I had thought that one could perhaps add something to the CD to make it readable on a CD Playerconnected to the TV set.

Many thanks anyway,

Porridge.

TomJerry 15:12 08 May 04

here are some options starting from £37 click here

Smiler 14:47 09 May 04

Tescos are selling an Alba DVD55 dvd player for £29.95ish saw one in my local tescos yesterday (Sat). I have one, bought it from Sainsbury's a few weeks ago & it plays everything I want, dvd mp3 cd dvdrw cdrw etc.

rawprawn 14:55 09 May 04

I know I'm a bit late but the Sunday Telegraph has an advert from PC World for exactly what you want. It is a Hauppauge MVP @ £49.99 which lets you play vieos/ watch images and play musi c on your TV from your computer.

porridge 21:34 09 May 04

Many thanks indeed for your advice. However as I am resident in Holland I shall have to look over here to see if I can find the machines you mention.

Cheers,

Porridge

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…