Photos on CD How to view on TV?

porridge 10:46 08 May 04

I have a selection of photographs on CD Rom and can of course view them on my monitor. However, I would really like to be able to show them on my televison set using my cd player.

Can anyone advise how this can be done? How do I prepare the CD Rom so that the CD player can read it and transmit to the TV set?

I wold be grateful if someone can help.

Thank you in advance.

Porridge.

sicknote 10:48 08 May 04

Easier with a dvd player !!!!

johnnyrocker 10:50 08 May 04

what graphics card and has it got tv out?

johnny.

Smiler 12:28 08 May 04

Don't think anyone has come up with a cd player that will transmit to a TV! ypu'll have to use a dvd player or connect the pc to the tv from a tv out port on your video card (If it has a tv out that is)

porridge 15:07 08 May 04

Johnnyrocker, Smiler and Sicknote.
My video card is a nVidia GeForce 2 MX with 32 Mb SDram and a TV out. However, my computer is upstairs and the TV downstairs. Connecting them is hardly a practical proposition. By the looks of it I will just have to be content with viewing on my PC's monitor. I had thought that one could perhaps add something to the CD to make it readable on a CD Playerconnected to the TV set.

Many thanks anyway,

Porridge.

TomJerry 15:12 08 May 04

here are some options starting from £37 click here

Smiler 14:47 09 May 04

Tescos are selling an Alba DVD55 dvd player for £29.95ish saw one in my local tescos yesterday (Sat). I have one, bought it from Sainsbury's a few weeks ago & it plays everything I want, dvd mp3 cd dvdrw cdrw etc.

rawprawn 14:55 09 May 04

I know I'm a bit late but the Sunday Telegraph has an advert from PC World for exactly what you want. It is a Hauppauge MVP @ £49.99 which lets you play vieos/ watch images and play musi c on your TV from your computer.

porridge 21:34 09 May 04

Many thanks indeed for your advice. However as I am resident in Holland I shall have to look over here to see if I can find the machines you mention.

Cheers,

Porridge

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…