//some 3rd party need geo

photos to cd for dvd playback please help

ozzy 123 22:53 30 Jul 05

hi many thanks for reading this.
i am running a pc on windows xp home and trying to put photos from my hols off my digital camera to cd to play on my dvd player.
i saved the photos to a folder on my pc and used the cd writing wizard to write them to disc.
unfortunatley three dvd players would not recognise the disc. and all picture disc compatible. could anyone please tell me where i am going wrong or advise a sofware to do the job.
(I dont have a dvd writer only a cd writer)
once again many thanks in advance.
ozzy...

Completealias 23:05 30 Jul 05

If you have windows media player(WMP) 10 installed then you could download microsofts photostory 3 for free and try that. According to the site it will make a cd that can then be playbacked on a tv click here. WMP 10 is also free to download from windows update

goffer23 23:44 30 Jul 05

In order to do what you want, you need a DVD player that can play back jpeg or vcd formats.Do you have any photo editing software? and what format have you saved your pictures in?

wobblymike 23:46 30 Jul 05

I use and recommend Photo to VCD from Wondershare - if you wnat more info on it post back

CHAIRLEG 23:57 30 Jul 05

click here will do the job free as well.

marjted 00:35 31 Jul 05

I use and would recommend Photoshow Gold which can be downloaded for a free trial and then purchased quite reasonably on line from click here It has been well recommended in some of the digital photography mags and I find it excellent for just the sort of show you outline. Particularly impressive are the zoom and other motion effects available as well as something like 50 odd transitions.

wobblymike 10:06 31 Jul 05

ozzy 123

I've just tried Photoshow gold mentioned above, in my view Photo to VCD is vastly superior.

Stuartli 10:19 31 Jul 05

Most recent DVD players will recognise CD-Rs containing .jpeg files and play them automatically i.e. move on to the next file every five seconds or so.

My Kiss DVD player is two years old and has no problems with such disks.

tell 23:13 31 Jul 05

download and use dvd santa, it's excellent for what you want

ozzy 123 20:02 01 Aug 05

many thanks every one youve all been a big help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…