photos to CD

langdaler 15:31 12 Jan 07

OS is Xp home.

i have a collection of pictures on my pc,tranferred on to hard drive from a digital camera.they cover sep-dec'06. i have put them all,individually, in a folder,having renamed them to a,b,c, --- etc,to get them to burn to cd-r in sequence. i use xp's 'burn to cd' facility.however,they still come out jumbled and not in sequence as desired. i believe there is a way of correctly renaming them for this purpose but i can not remember how. i seem to remember some article suggesting using 0000/0001/0002 numbering etc to achieve this.is this correct/ correct numbering sequence?

any advice/comments?

johndrew 17:08 12 Jan 07

I use alpha numeric idents for my photos, but there is no reason you can`t use the sequence you mention. They should show up in order, if not you simply right click and Arrange by.... There are various other options but it is wise to use that which suits your style and needs.

If you have many photos make certain the system you choose will not only carry what you have but also what you intend to file - re-working it all can be a long job!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…