photos to cd.

patsyanne 15:07 01 Feb 05

Hi i have only once put my digital photos on cd and now trying again but when i click copy to folder and then its says put in a cd rw, in cd drive R, up comes a box that says R/is not accessible incorrect funtion , does any one knlw what i am doing wrong , please, i am on windows xp

wotbus@ 15:24 01 Feb 05

Hi. Highlight the photo's you want to put on disc - right click on one then select "send to CD-RW drive". Put your blank medium in the drive - click on My PC - Drive [R]. When the page opens click on File [top left] and from the drop down menu selec Write files to disc....that should do it.

SANTOS7 15:29 01 Feb 05

What software are you useing to install photos,the error message you get i think relates to Roxio in particular when you are useing an older version of the programme

patsyanne 16:22 01 Feb 05

Hi Whatbus i did all that but when i clicked on "send to" CD-RW doesnt come up only , compressed folder, desk top,mail recipent, my documents or floppy !

Bapou 16:37 01 Feb 05

Open Windows Explorer, Look for the folder where your pics are stored, Open from panel on left side.

Again in left hand panel - Drag and drop your photos on to the CDRW icon. Result will be a balloon popping up in right corner of screen saying "You have files to write to CDRW". Click on Balloon and choose "write to CDRW" when you see all pics displayed in a box.

patsyanne 16:49 01 Feb 05

Hi Bapbou,i tried that but theres no CDRW icon there ! theres a CD R and when i drag a photo there it says not accessible incorrect.

PA28 16:54 01 Feb 05

What software are you using to write to your CD. If you want to use drag and drop you will need to format the disk especially through that package - Nero's is called InCD. Otherwise if you are writing through a package such as Nero (recommended) without a special format, you simply select the photographs (or the folder in which they live) and drag them to the window of files to be burnt to disk, then burn it. You can't treat a CD (RW or otherwise) like a floppy drive without first applying the special formatting.

patsyanne 16:58 01 Feb 05

Hi i using what come on windows xp it always worked before.

patsyanne 17:31 01 Feb 05

I give up now as when i look in control panel to look for CDRW i click on it and it says the same thing "not accessible ",

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…