Photos to card

shellship 13:02 13 May 06

I have bought a Philips digital photo display in the mistaken impression that I could take seelcted photos from my PC via USB and put them on it that way. Unfortunately the beast's memory for transfer is very small and can only handle 3 pics at a go - very tedious. The recommended method is to have the pics on an SD or CF card which the Philips has a slot for and will recognise. How can I get the required pics from my PC onto the card, please as I don't have card slots on my PC? Is there an USB device that could do this for me?

Thanks in advance.

john-232317 13:22 13 May 06

Never tried it myself but just a thought..... when you connect your camera to the pc, is it recognised as a drive ?.If it is can you drag the photos and copy them to the drive (ie the camera)

john-232317 13:26 13 May 06

Yes you can do it ;-)

click here

jack 14:15 13 May 06

Dadyassa's advice is fine with a proviso.

Some images editors /operating systems will strip the Exif data from the image file - if that has happened the camera may not recognize the data on the card.
A USB card reader [£10 or so ]is probably a better bet

john-232317 14:18 13 May 06

He could still try it with the camera first, my link was a thread about most cameras will do it ;-)

shellship 14:59 13 May 06

You are a great guy. Works a dream. Thanks v much.

john-232317 15:20 13 May 06

No problem, we learn something every day ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…