photos that can't be copied

sugarbabe 20:54 23 Mar 08

Hi looking to put photos on kids club website want to put them on so people can't right click and copy them, sure i've been on sites that do this??

Does anyone know how to do this??

mco 21:08 23 Mar 08

what you mean, disabling right click - sure someone can help you with that - but to be honest, anyone who wanted to have the photo would only have to take a screenshot anyway, so personally, I would only put photos on you are happy to be 'taken' myself.

sugarbabe 21:10 23 Mar 08

good point thank you

Kemistri 21:18 23 Mar 08

There is a method of loading images via Javascript -- see click here, for an example of how it can be done. It won't prevent screengrabs, of course, but it's better than nothing if you're aiming to prevent casual attempts to save images. If you're serious about the idea, you should get a good book about JS, but if you know nothing about JS, I would not recommend trying to do this at this time. JS is less user friendly than HTML and CSS.

hssutton 22:39 23 Mar 08

The best way is to upload low res images, this is what we do on photo forums

Right click can be used to indicate that the photos are copyright so that the person wanting a "copy" will know your wishes about anyone copying. If there are people in the photo make sure they do not mind their photo being on the web. If there are children get explicit permission from the parents/guardians. That way you've covered yourself afap.

Patr100 13:20 31 Mar 08

If someone is determined they will probably get them by screen cap , but a moving low res, flashbased (more expensive) or javascript based gallery might help to deter.
You can get suitable javascripts for free around the web.

Webgnr8 18:02 01 Apr 08

Hi Sugarbabe, I am creating a website for my rc heli club which is going to include a fair few photo`s and vids. I share your concerns about viewers copying the pics. What i will be doing is putting them in the photo folder on windows live. Click this link if you have not already heard of it click here You can invite only the people you want to view the pics. Only thing is that whoever wants to see them has to sign up with windows live also. It`s free but a bit of hassle. But at least the only people who can see them are whoever you want.

RWest 21:59 06 Apr 08

Put a watermark on them!

Easiest is to get an image processor and add text of your own across some crucial part of the picture.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…