Photos

johncb 16:37 02 Dec 10

I purchased a presario CQ60 recently
I take quite a few photos from time to time

I am a bit confused as there appears to be two programs dealing with storing the photos in folders
One is Windows Photo Gallery and the other is Pictures (in the column above help and support)

I have tried to sort these out and do not seem able to transfer photos to the other system(I would like to end up with just one system eventually as I am finding this situation confusing to say the least!)
I ahve tried to transfer via an external disc or documents but I get no joy there either
Any advice would be appreciated

gengiscant 18:02 02 Dec 10

I am answering from my iPod so forgive me if the spelling is naff.
You can get rid of photo gallery by uninstalling it.
The other thing is at some time you would have been asked what you wanted to with the photos when you plugged your camera in,you should at that point made sure that they went to your pictures folder.
To copy your pictures, just right click, then copy and then paste to your external drive.
If no one else posts I will try and answer any questions tomorrow.

BRYNIT 18:50 02 Dec 10

If you have your Autoplay on picures set to always ask, it will give you several options depending on what programs you have on your computer the main one is Import Pictures and viideos. You can set this as the default in autoplay if you like.

If you want all your picture sending to one folder. When you opens select Import Picture & Videos click on import settings (bottom left) from here you can sellect the default file you want the pictures to go to.

As gengiscant stated you can copy the picture from one folder to another but make sure they do not have the same file names unless you have them in seperate folders.

johncb 14:07 03 Dec 10

Thank you gengiscant and BRYNIT
Both prompt replies are most useful
Regards
John B

peter99co 21:03 03 Dec 10

Use both.

The Pictures is a collection of all your folders if you create a folder for each group of photo you add from your camera. Or folders for different subjects etc.

The gallery is a place to view your works of art and will also let you edit and correct your work.

Just use both a while and you will see how they compliment each other.

Don't edit on both because you are actually only changing one file.

peter99co 21:07 03 Dec 10

If you think of you music file as you collection and Windows Media Player as you "Gallery" it is the same concept.

Only ONE photo is original same as A Track.

If you add to Pictures the Gallery picks it up automatically.

johncb 13:35 04 Dec 10

Thank you peter99co for your input

peter99co 12:46 05 Dec 10

Please tick.

johncb 23:16 05 Dec 10

Apologies I thought I had ticked box!

peter99co 13:01 06 Dec 10

need to press the button.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5