Photos in 2 drives?

podlod 15:39 17 Jan 07

Hi there all, I have Picasa where I place all my photos in C drive along with documents etc; but the only prob is I have another drive which is E drive where I store all my games, patches etc and there is a folder there which is called files & docs, and all the photos I place in Picasa ( C drive )it makes a copy and goes straight into this document in E drive. When I tried to delete the photos from E drive they auto deleted from Picasa in C drive, is this normal or can I delete them somehow from my E drive as it is using a lot of memory on my E drive which I need?Hope you understand my prob and any help or advice would be welcomed, Thanks

Totally-braindead 15:53 17 Jan 07

Only suggestion I have is check TOOLS, OPTIONS and click the GENERAL tab and see where its meant save the imported files.

Pesala 16:52 17 Jan 07

click here

I like it better than Picasa, though I am not able to test it with two drives.

podlod 12:48 05 Feb 07

Hi Pesala, I have downloaded Faststone and it is interesting, but the only prob is that I have everything that is on my PC in there now which is ok, but no photos as they are in Picasa, and that is the only program that is not listed in there. And not all my photos are in My pictures program? please help, Thank you

€dstowe 13:48 05 Feb 07

Look in the Help files and you will find there is a downloadable tutorial which will tell you the best way to use Faststone Image Viewer.

Like Pesala, I have found it an excellent program and prefer it to Picasa.

The best part about it is, though, that it's free.

podlod 15:19 05 Feb 07

Hi stowe, I have been through the tutorial and maybe I am missing something as it does not tell me how to copy the photos from Picasa to Faststone?

mr gee 15:35 05 Feb 07

moving from one to the other programme -just try copy/paste

billyliv 17:37 05 Feb 07

I may be missing something here. Why not delete the folder on your E Drive?. Cheers, Bill

billyliv 17:39 05 Feb 07

Ignore my last message.

Pesala 23:41 05 Feb 07

There is no need to copy any images from Picasa to FastStone.

An Image Viewer like Picasa or FastStone will create thumbnails of your images and store the path to each image along with the thumbnail. When you click or double-click on the thumbnail the full sized image opens up.

All you need to do to create the thumbnails is browse to the directory or drive containing the images. The thumbnails will be stored in the \Applicacation Data\ folder where you installed the program, but the images will remain where they are unless you delete them.

Pesala 23:44 05 Feb 07

My FastStone Database is about 30 Mbytes, but I have about 1 Gbytes of images on my C: drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac