Photoprinter - so many!

Ben 216 13:31 15 Jun 06

Hi, I'm considering buying a photoprinter. I currenty have an Epson C44+ and a Color 600. I've been looking at the standalone printers, which can have a camera plugged straight in, but am wondering if an upgrade of the 600 would be a better choice. I have a wireless network (802.11b), one PC on XP with USB2 & IEE1394, and on on 2000 with USB1.1 and IEE1394, and 2 Canon Digital Cameras.

I need something that can print to the edge, is fairly cheap to run, but gives good quality photos. I'm not overly bothered about flashy features, as long as it does the basics well.

Any suggestions?

GRFT 14:02 15 Jun 06

See the current issue (July) of the magazine. There's a bundle of photo printers on test. Ive decided to get the HP Photosmart 8250 after reading it.

Ben 216 17:43 15 Jun 06

I saw a review of that (or one similar) on this site... will get the mag.

GRFT 08:59 16 Jun 06

The HP Photosmart 8250 arrived 24 hours after ordering it from Amazon; price, less than £90.00, including delivery.
Great service!

woodchip 09:36 16 Jun 06

Get one of the Epson R series

Ben 216 17:14 16 Jun 06

Don't the R series have problems with the ink pads getting full? I know the R200 does, and it has to go back for a service for the pads to be changed.

woodchip 19:05 16 Jun 06

320 or above

jack 19:40 16 Jun 06

The Epson Waste ink pad- full problem is something that has been bugging folk for some time.
However www/fixyourownprinter.com has suggestions for the R series that get around this.
Briefly the waste ink pipe leads to the rear of the machine and can be accessed via a small 'hatch' on the back.
The idea is to grab this ,ease it outside the machine into a suitable container....
The above webside will lead you to it other wise look at....

click here

Ben 216 01:06 17 Jun 06

So are the Epson R series so far ahead of the competition that it's worth modding a new printer (and invalidating the guarentee in the process)?

- I'll look into it some more.

Thanks, Ben.

woodchip 12:35 17 Jun 06

The Epson should not be a Problem in the first 12 months, if it is take it back for replacement

David4637 16:07 18 Jun 06

Most inkjets have a waste tank pad that needs washing out say after you get the error code warning coming up. Some time after this you need to take the printer apart and wash the pads. It is just about a DIY job, if you are handy with a screw diver. If it goes wrong you don't have much to lose, you dump it as the cost is significant. David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…