Photographic Printers

TheTerminator 15:41 26 Jan 03

Can any of you recommend a good photographic printer to do justice to my digital scans?
At the moment I am using a bog standard printer, and as you can imagine it is costing me an arm and a leg, and the results whilst being good are not amazing.
initial price is not really an issue but relatively low overheads once up and running would be.
As ever PCA users, I await your opinions.

Spencus 15:57 26 Jan 03

any dedicated photo printer is going to be expensive to run if you want lasting quality prints,professional processing is much cheaper.

But if price is not an issue and you want quality prints, you will not do better than the Epson photo 950.

ton 15:59 26 Jan 03

My opinion, Epson are best, but in here you will read good and bad about every make. I think that most newish models of all makes are capable of good results. The important thing to take into account is the cost of cartridges.

Eagle Eyed Cherry 16:14 26 Jan 03

I have been using the Epson 895 for nearly 2 years, and I thought this was a superb printer delivering 1st class results everytime. Then in December I upgraded to the Epson 950, and believe me the difference is noticeable, especially when the 950 is used in conjunction with 100mm x 8mm Epson photo paper which comes on a roll.
Running costs are reasonable, and you can also print onto CD/rs.......

pj123 16:17 26 Jan 03

i am using an Epson895 which is superb. But you could also look at the Epson 830 and Epson 915 both of which are superb

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…