photograph printers

4wildlife 19:34 12 Jul 10

Could l have help choosing a printer soley for printing photographs, my daughter is getting married and l would like to make a photo album from myself, l am on windows 7 use a Nikon D80 and l have a Canon MP970 which is a very good printer but now and again the colour isn't right it seems to pick up too much orange. l would like some guideance on make, model etc, just to point me in the right direction as l haven't a clue where to start. l would like to try and take some photos, print them and mount them in an album all by myself, this is a big challenge and l am going to give it a go.

Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks

It is just my advice. Don't splash out on one now. Try to wait for other people's suggestions.

Perhaps and Canon Pixma IP4700 or an MP990

woodchip 20:04 12 Jul 10

Epson or Chemist

john bunyan 20:05 12 Jul 10

You have a multipurpose device - as do I (Canon MP640). My local photograhers and Cartridge World both reccomend Canon. Some here say the ink usage on the MP 980 excessive. I found Epson good but gave up as the ink "froze" and I could not clean it. On the basis of what I am told locally , I still go for Canon. I would check out the latest photo quality models.I use Photoshop CS4 and you can calibrate the printer.Also I believe you get the best results with the printer's own ink and paper. I use Canon ink with Staples pearl semi gloss paper.

hssutton 20:44 12 Jul 10

The cheapest and best way is to use such as photobox. click here

I use the Canon MP610 which produces excellent prints, but for quantity and quality I always use Photobox.

As for your "Canon MP970 which is a very good printer but now and again the colour isn't right it seems to pick up too much orange" this suggests that your monitor/printer requires calibrating.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced