Photogloss Paper Problem

incywincy 18:05 26 Apr 06

I have a minolta laser printer, can I put normal inkjet photoglass paper in it, or do I ahve to pay a lot of money for special paper.

I know companies say that you have to use the right stuff, but its a bit like genuine and non-genuine printer cartridges, they do work either way.

I ahve 100's of the inkjet paper, and would not want to waste it.

Thanks a lot

Totally-braindead 18:17 26 Apr 06

I don't know dor certain but I will type what it says on a packet of inkjet paper I just bought.
Attention - do not use ink jet paper in laser printers. It is designed for use with inkjet printers only and may damage laser printers and or copying machines.

So if thats correct and I've no reason to assume it isn't correct, then you can't use it as it will damage your printer. Why I don't know, I can only assume its something to do with the coating on the paper.

Totally-braindead 18:17 26 Apr 06

dor= for. Sorry.

pj123 18:46 26 Apr 06

You can't use ordinary photo glossy paper that is designed for inkjet printers in a laser printer. The heat of the drum will melt the gloss coating and you then have no printer.

If it is just the normal inkjet paper then yes, you should have no problem. It is just like ordinary printer paper. Give it a try with just one sheet. If it comes out OK with no problems then you shouldn't have any problems.

pj123 18:54 26 Apr 06

You haven't said but which Minolta printer do you have?

Stuartli 19:01 26 Apr 06

As you state you have hundreds of sheets of "photo gloss" paper I suspect that you have one or more of 500 sheets packages of normal paper suitable for use in copiers, inkjet printers etc.

It will/should say on the package if it is suitable for a laser printer.

incywincy 19:06 26 Apr 06

PJ123 - The Printer is a Minolta Magicolor 2300W

Stuartli. No, I have hundreds of sheets of photogloss paper. I buy in bulk and bought 5 packets of 200 sheets from a supply warehouse a year ago

Stuartli 19:10 26 Apr 06

Here's the colour printing information I found:

"The Magicolor 2300W harnesses the power of Windows to print up to 16 pages per minute in black and white and 4 in colour. Windows ‘Plug & Play’ USB and parallel interfaces make it ready for productive desktop printing.

"Envelopes, transparencies, labels, card stock, and plain paper — the magicolor 2300W prints in full colour on all the common business papers."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…