PhotoBucket

Tilly Flop 16:21 07 Jun 05

I was on a web site forum this weekend & was told to put a photograph in my PhotoBucket to send it in to the forum. I've looked in all my books & done the PC Adviser search to no avail. Does anyone know what this is & how I go about getting it? I'm beginning to think someone is playing a joke on me.

Many thanks.

Completealias 16:33 07 Jun 05

click here Photobucket is an online image hosting site you create an account that you can upload pics to and then you can post a link to them.

It is free

dogbreath1 16:33 07 Jun 05

click here for free hosting. You can upload pictures and store them on this site then post a link to individual pictures on various forums. You can also try click here

Diemmess 16:35 07 Jun 05

Google gives a host of alternatives click here= They all seem to refer to a web site intermediary to store and forward images.

Tilly Flop 20:22 07 Jun 05

Thanks Completealias, dogbreath1 & Diemmess.
I must confess Diemmess I didn't think of looking on Google; must be the weather. I can't understand why you need a Photobucket though, surely it's just as easy to email from your computer? Anyway I'll join if that's the proper way to do it.

Tilly Flop 20:22 07 Jun 05

Thanks Completealias, dogbreath1 & Diemmess.
I must confess Diemmess I didn't think of looking on Google; must be the weather. I can't understand why you need a Photobucket though, surely it's just as easy to email from your computer? Anyway I'll join if that's the proper way to do it.

dogbreath1 20:40 07 Jun 05

The reason why you cannot email it from your computer is because the forum will want to limit the strain on their server by getting you to deposit your linked images elsewhere. By creating a link in a post to an image on this other server, they remain accessible at all times to those who view your post.

Tilly Flop 21:25 07 Jun 05

Thanks dogbreath1 - now I've finally got it. It's all so complicated, but rather amazing!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…