Photo slide show on a CD

User-324448 10:11 24 Sep 03

Hello again. I have taken 175 digital photos and I want to give them to friends as a slide show on a CD, similar to XPs slide show. I know they can use a prog. like ACDsee but many may not have or want it. How can I do this

MAJ 10:17 24 Sep 03

You can do it (usually) by using your burning software, Nero for example, although I think Nero has a limit on how many pictures you can have in the slide show. On the cover of the latest PC Advisor magazine the is a burning package called NTI CD-Maker, I think it will let you do it.

mikef. 10:38 24 Sep 03

You don't say what your burning software is but Roxio CD creator definitely does it, it's how I put mine onto disc.

User-324448 11:11 24 Sep 03

Thanks for your input chaps I will search out Roxio

Simsy 14:27 24 Sep 03

as an .exe file then others don't need the prog it was made with to view it.... that is the purpose of exe file... they are "executable"

You can make a slideshow exe with irfanview, free from click here.

Also, though I'm not sure if you can make an executable slideshow using the main prog ACDSee, the same company does produce a prog for this very purpose. It comes bundles with ACDSee if you buy the "powerpack, and is available to download for free trial.

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

Mr Tinkles II 21:21 24 Sep 03

i picked up a program a little while ago that enabled you to create a cd with a photo slide show along with your own customisable menus. i think it was ulead dvd menu or studio. without digging it out of my software collection i couldnt tell you!!!!

alB 21:39 24 Sep 03

Have a look at "Chuckles Picture viewer", a freeware program, not used version 2 yet, but version 1 does what you want.... click here ...alB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…