Photo Scanning Solution

Legslip 01:05 AM 09 Jan 13

I have a pal who wants to scan & store over a thousand photos on his Pc. Are there any devices other than flatbed scanners or multifunction printers for doing the job? Doing it by these means it will take an age.

lotvic 01:26 AM 09 Jan 13

I'm not sure about different sized photos but if expense is no object then there are 'multi feeder' scanners that will 'feed' the next one in for you. Around the £400 mark.

Legslip 01:33 AM 09 Jan 13
  Woolwell 11:11 AM 09 Jan 13

I have scanned and stored over 2 thousand slides and photos. I used an Epson flatbed scanner with slide adaptor. IMO these are much better than the cheap scanners as you get better control over the output. With slides I scanned at a high resolution as they needed to be enlarged later. Many needed editing as the colour hues had changed due to age. It took a long time but was worthwhile. You can scan about 4 at a time in this manner.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites