photo scanning software for cannon scanner

osben 10 Aug 11

Hi I am using a Cannon 8800F flatbed scanner running under windows 7 64 bit edition. The PhotoStudio 5.5 software that came with the scanner is apparently not compatible with 64 bit windows 7.

I have a number of colour photos that I want to scan in and then store on USB sticks. To organise them into an album would be nice also.

Does anyone know of a freebee software package that would do this and be compatible.

Regards

northumbria61 10 Aug 11

I have the Canon 8600F installed on Windows 7 64 bit using the built in Windows Fax and Scan software. Does a perfect job for me.

northumbria61 10 Aug 11

Use Picasa for Organizing, editing, printing, sharing your photos (Excellent and FREE) link text

Karakorum 10 Aug 11

Have you checked the Canon and PhotoStudio support sites for updated drivers?

john bunyan 10 Aug 11

I have the same scanner with Photoshop CS5 , which is installed in 2 versions - 32 and 64 bit. Only the 32 bit works with TWAIN scanning protocol. Suggest you check if you have all correct drivers and that the programme is 32 bit (works fine on a 64 bit machine)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

See 24 hours in London in 1 minute with Paul Richardson's hyperlapse film

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message