Photo rotation in Word

Duncanf 10:23 10 Feb 05

I'm putting 3 photos on an A4 Word page to print on photo paper. One is A5 and the other 2 are A6 but I need to rotate the smaller ones 90 degrees to fit on the page. After clicking on the photo I can alter brightness etc but is there a rotating tool available?

Diodorus Siculus 10:30 10 Feb 05

One option is to open the image with Irfanview, rotate, save and then paste into Word. Long way round perhaps, but it will work!

SANTOS7 10:31 10 Feb 05

Rotate an object
Select the AutoShape, picture, or WordArt you want to rotate.
Do one of the following:
Rotate to any angle

Drag the rotate handle on the object in the direction you want to rotate it.
Click outside the object to set the rotation.
Rotate 90 degrees to the left or 90 degrees to the right

On the Drawing toolbar, click Draw, point to Rotate or Flip, and then click Rotate Left or Rotate Right.

conrail 10:31 10 Feb 05

select picture, right click and select picture tool bar, select rotate left, (only option), but keep rotating until you get the pictures where you want them. why not just open the picture folder, select print pictures the print wizard well guide you through it, just tick the pictures you want to print, then select your printer set up then the layout, there is an option to get 3 pictures on an A4 sheet, hope that helps

Taff36 10:34 10 Feb 05

Which version of Word do you have?

In Word 2000 if you select the picture the floating Picture Toolbar appears & there is a rotational tool on it. (It looks like a pair of triangles with an arrow) If the toolbar doesn`t appear right click on the toolbars and select it from the drop down box.

Taff36 10:40 10 Feb 05

Conrail is right providing you have XP but sometimes the automatic print set up means that a picture may appear to be upside down. The trick is when looking at the photo in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer to rotate the picture 180 degrees and then go to the print wizard again.

Duncanf 10:54 10 Feb 05

Thank you, Diodorus Siculus, conrail and Taff36.
Your ideas worked a treat! Many thanks again for your prompt suggestions.

Duncanf 10:56 10 Feb 05

Sorry ...and a big thank you too to SANTOS7 who I missed a moment ago.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…