Photo resizer - Notepad

watchful 09:45 12 Jan 03
  watchful 09:45 12 Jan 03

I have just used click here and it does the job very well as I like to include photos as inserts in e-mails not as attachments.
This is probably a stupid question but each time I alter a photo, and save it, it creates a FORM Notepad with configuration settings. What are these for? I've already deleted one and it didn't seem to do any harm.
Just curious as to what their purpose is.

MAJ 10:16 12 Jan 03

It looks to be just part of what the program creates, some might call it a bug, it's only a log and can be deleted, by the looks of things. The URL for the download is click here, by the way, watchful, you link doesn't work, you forgot the .html extension. :-)

watchful 11:22 12 Jan 03

Sorry about that link - only put it in to show where I got the download from.

It's not a harmful bug is it? I don't want my folders cluttered up with additional Notepad files if they're unnecessary.

MAJ 11:41 12 Jan 03

It might not be a bug, it might be by design, watchful, but I can't see a way of changing it and support on the subject seems to be thin at that site. If you don't like the way it does that, try Irfanview, it does so much more than Photoresizer and it's also free. click here

watchful 12:59 12 Jan 03

Thanks for the new link. I'll try that and see how it goes.

watchful 13:39 12 Jan 03

Great one that. Just downloaded and tried it out and no 'Notepads' appeared.

Thanks a lot,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…