Photo protection on web pages

aly-lfc 11:41 18 May 08

Hi, is it possible to protect photographs from being copied off web pages, for example when they have been posted on a social networking site?

€dstowe 11:50 18 May 08

You can put a watermark on them but that's about all and they can be removed fairly easily.

MAT ALAN 11:52 18 May 08

click here

"no right click"

€dstowe 11:59 18 May 08

Unfortunately the link given by MAT ALAN has the disclaimer:

" This script only works on newer browsers, and it's not foolproof. If someone really wants something from your page they can find ways around it, but at least it's a warning to people who want to take your graphics."

MAT ALAN 12:03 18 May 08

Thats for that particular piece of script, if you do the whole thing anybody trying to steal your images will find it extremely dificult..

chances of anybody viewing your images with intent to copy or steal, probably NONE...

aly-lfc 12:06 18 May 08

Thanks for the info MAT ALAN, but in this case I don't think it will work. I want to put a few pic's on Facebook, and there doesn't appear to be anywhere to put the codes. Maybe the answer is not to put on pics that you don't want people to copy =0).

MAT ALAN 12:16 18 May 08

click here

click here

not a problem, good luck...

aly-lfc 12:23 18 May 08

Thank you!

hssutton 12:47 18 May 08

I would suggest you forget all about trying to protect them as it's not possible. Instead upload low res images which are not much good for anyone copy/steal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…