Photo printing - size options

Ray s-k 15:57 17 Nov 08

I use Photo Impact 12 and Picasa to store and edit digital photos. However both have very limited size options for printing. Can anyone recommend software that gives the option to print photos to the users specification (size) whilst retaining the original quality etc. Like a cropping tool. I want to print photos 2" x 3" but keeping the original orientation.
Thanks
ray s-k

David4637 16:03 17 Nov 08

If you want the best editing image software and you are prepared to spend time learning about it, YOU CAN NOT Beat PHOTOSHOP (£500)or Elements (£50-60. I have used both and am reasonably proficient after 2-3 years. Nothing goes any where near these progs. David

Stuartli 16:05 17 Nov 08

Have you checked out your printer's Properties?

You should be able to configure the exact size you require (convert to mm from inches or as required) and Save it as part of the printing options.

Stuartli 16:08 17 Nov 08

You really don't need to spend £500 on photo editing software which is being reproduced on 2in x 3in paper....:-))

Picasa2 is what I generally use for day to day photographic printing.

Stuartli 16:10 17 Nov 08

You could have a look at Microsoft's Paint.NET freeware:

click here

chub_tor 16:13 17 Nov 08

Serif have a whole range of PhotoPlus programmes from the freebie version 6 click here to the more powerful paid version version X2 that I use. If you like the look of it try calling Serif and haggle over the price. They will always give you a 30day trial of their software and often will reduce the price. I paid £39.99 for X2.

BT 16:41 17 Nov 08

In most of the software mentioned, even Paint.Net, go to Image>resize and set your image size to 2"x3"

eedcam 18:45 17 Nov 08

To keep the original aspect ratio is your biggest hurdle you either keep the ratio and accept the size or vice versa or its cropping to suit .Serif's freebie photoplus6 should be fine for you
click here

woodchip 19:07 17 Nov 08

This mite do Free software, no nothing about it as I have my own old Program that you cannot get now.
click here

hssutton 19:27 17 Nov 08

Photofiltre is a good all round editor which will do what you want and it's freeware click here

hssutton 19:40 17 Nov 08

I forgot to add, PhotoImpact will also do what you want quite easily

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5