PHOTO PRINTING QUALITY

longbelly 09:40 12 Jun 05

I find no matter what paper I use if a colour print is left out uncovered for any length of time it will fade. Is there a way of making fade-free prints. Is there such a thing as faed-free paper and ink or should I invest in a colour laser printer? I use an HP deskjet 970cxi at present.

Totally-braindead 10:15 12 Jun 05

If you look down to fixative click here these aerosols are MEANT to protect the pictures, how good it is I don't know as I've never tried it. Incidently my Epson makes excellent pictures even using compatible cartridges and I can't say I've noticed any fading so perhaps changing your inkjet may be the answer.

trevpearson 10:45 12 Jun 05

The 970 is a good printer, but not really for photo's. The bog-standard HP ink is not up to the job.

I've not yet seen a photo cartridge for the 900 range. If you are serious about photo-printing, perhaps you need to look at another Make, Epson for example. Oh, and check out LYSON inks, their archival ink has a 99 years fade-free claim.

jack 11:03 12 Jun 05

Quality prints that are reasonably durable [dont take in the 100 life tripe spouted here and there]
can be achieved with the correct inks and paper combination with a photo printer.

take a long look at

click here

pj123 13:18 12 Jun 05

What do you class as "any length of time".

I have quite a few photo prints from my various Epson printers framed and hanging on various walls in my house. They have been there for years and show no sign of fading.

But as Totally-braindead points out there is an aerosol meant to fix fading. I, also have never used one as I don't have a problem with fading pictures. So, again maybe changing to Epson is the answer?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…