Photo Printing

the hick 10:10 22 Mar 03

When printing photos, does the brand of paper make any difference? I have a Hewlett Packard 940C printer, is it best to use HP photo paper? I have used cheaper paper from one of the stationery discount stores, and the results arent as good. Any advice on best combination of price/quality? Or is it really a case of the more it costs, the better it is?

kane_2001 10:14 22 Mar 03

not really, I have an epson printer but use a non brand photo quality paper and still get perfect prints every time. It could dependon what ink you use original or compatible cheaper ink. Also make sure you set the right options on the printer page ( photo quality paper and move the arrow to best quality ), this may help

Andsome 10:30 22 Mar 03

I use Epson original ink from click here , and gloss paper 270grm from click here. I am as pleased as punch with the results

mikef™ 10:45 22 Mar 03

It can make a difference to permanency as the original inks and papers are designed to work together, for example the epson ink and best quality paper are said to last a lot longer before fading. However after saying that for prints that you don't want to last a particularly long time any non branded paper will do, I usually pick up kodak when PCW do their regular 2 for 1 on it.

Ben Avery (Work) 13:50 10 Apr 03

Go to maplins who are doing a 2 for 1 on Ilford Photo Pearl paper at the moment. When used in conjunction with the HP 900 range, the printer should be set to "Premium Plus Photo - Glossy".

I've just printed a wedding invitation on it (Double sided foldout style) and the results are unbelievable!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…